The goals of the Association include:
- To regroup the persons whose occupation or profession is that of “genetic counsellor”.
- To defend and promote the interest of its members and of the profession.
- To favour continuous education and further training of its members.
- To encourage its members to promote genetic services that are in line with recognized or predominant ethical and legal principles.
- To promote and encourage education in the field of genetics among health professionals and the population at large.